College of Charleston

Larissa Hutcheson

The College of Charleston, located in Charleston, South Carolina, has been in existence since 1770. The campus is filled with history and experiences from every student that has passed through it since. According to their website, College of Charleston is “world-renowned for its history, architecture, culture and the coastal environment” that it offers to the students. While their embedded history tells the story of where they have come from, they are always looking towards the future and are extremely innovative with contemporary facilities and cutting-edge programs.

College of Charleston accepts 77% of the students that apply. Being a relatively small school, they have 11,000 students.The average SAT accepted was 1130. The average ACT is 26.
It costs $27,000 for out-of-state tuition, although they offer scholarships, grants, loans, work study, and Veteran benefits. The college can be made very affordable for any student. They are known across the nation for their affordability.

They offer basketball, baseball, cross country, golf, soccer, tennis for men’s sports. For women, they offer basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, tennis, softball, equestrian, track and field, and sand volleyball. For co-ed sports, they offer cheerleading, sailing, and dance.

College of Charleston offers 59 majors and 74 minors. Their majors range from accounting to dance. Their minors range from sociology to marine biology.

They rank as one of the best college locations in America. College of Charleston is filled with an abundance of history, a beautiful campus, and excellent academics for each student.