A letter from the Editor-in-Chief

Emily Merriam, Editor-in-Chief

As we start a new year at Mount Vernon, the Vernon Vine writers are back and better than ever. We have a lot of new students aboard this year and are excited to see their strengths, and we also have a lot of the students who started the online paper last year and have returned  to become editors this year and broaden their journalism experience. We also have updated our online site where we have enabled live polls, comments and community feedback live and published. Keep an eye out for our new name, as well!

In the newsroom, as a class full of people who are of different race, sex, religion and opinions, we frequently discuss and debate over what is happening in the world around us. The Vernon Vine writers believe that as diverse people, we hold accountability to cover more world news than other high school papers.

At the Vernon Vine newspaper, we believe in freedom of speech and believe in portraying that on the website.

We have a broad spectrum of stories coming shortly, ranging from sports to politics to music reviews and much more. Please follow closely with the website in the upcoming weeks to read up on our hardworking staff’s stories! Also, I have to commend the Majors football team who is 5-0 for the first time since 1986!

We look forward to serving you this year, and hope that you will engage with us through letters to the Editor, taking part in online polls,  or leaving comments about topics and articles important to you.

Sincerely,

Emily Merriam

Editor-in-chief