iPhone 8 and iPhone X, a Hit or Miss?

Back to Article
Back to Article

iPhone 8 and iPhone X, a Hit or Miss?

Mahnoor Sohail, Staff Writer

On September 12th, Apple revealed not one, but two new iPhones. Apple announced the all new iPhone 8 and iPhone X. There were multiple controversies over the new iPhone. People were expecting just one new iPhone and after seeing that there are 2, people were shocked. They did not expect the iPhone 8 to be so similar to the iPhone 7.

One obvious difference is the iPhone 8 is no longer coming in the rose gold color; now it is only coming in a space gray, silver, and a new gold/beige color, which has a slight tint of pink. The iPhone 8 also brought back a glass backing.

Apple is claiming that the glass is more durable than previous models. Though Apple had glass backing in the past,  it had a very thin glass that broke easily and cost a fortune to repair.

Though the iPhone 8 isn’t much different from the iPhone 7, there are a couple of differences.The iPhone 8 is 0.35 ounces  heavier than the iPhone 7, weighing 5.22 ounces in total, whereas the iPhone 7 weighs 4.87 ounces. However, unlike the iPhone 8, iPhone X is an all new design.

The iPhone X features a 5.8 inch super retina display, the perfect size for those who did not like the regular 4.7 inch display  or the 5.5 inch display. The iPhone X is just in the middle.

The X has a 2436-by-1125-pixel resolution at 458 ppi, 3D touch and all new wireless charging. Unlike the other iPhones, the X model has no home button because of the full screen display, instead there is the face ID.

The phone will scan the owner’s face and unlock, much like the Galaxy S8, that launched previously this year.

There are some serious negatives regarding the new phone, however. Apple customers were angry after they found out Apple took away the home button. First the headphone jack, now the home button?

Luckily, Apple has not taken away the charging port. Though the Phone 8, 8 plus, and X still have the charging ports, they can now charge wirelessly. Maybe Apple is just testing the waters before actually taking away the charging port.

Is the iPhone 8 really worth the money if it’s identical to the iPhone 7? Only time will tell, as we watch how Apple customers respond to the iPhone X, but for now, Apple customers appear skeptical and not very happy about Apple’s iPhone 8 release.

1 Comment

One Response to “iPhone 8 and iPhone X, a Hit or Miss?”

1. Amara Park on October 23rd, 2017 8:40 am

The content of the article is interesting and true. Is it worth it? By the article, my opinion leads to a strong no. The article provided me with new information of the face identification. I like how it was quick and to the point.

• iPhone 8 and iPhone X, a Hit or Miss?

Features

The disease all Senior’s experience

• iPhone 8 and iPhone X, a Hit or Miss?

Features

Pyramid Art Show Catapults Artists to the Top

• iPhone 8 and iPhone X, a Hit or Miss?

Features

The Power of Instagram

• College Corner

Keep Calm and Stay In the Zone: The College Application Process

• iPhone 8 and iPhone X, a Hit or Miss?

Features

Arming Teachers: The Solution to Gun Violence?

• iPhone 8 and iPhone X, a Hit or Miss?

Features

Let’s take it back cause the 90’s are All That

• iPhone 8 and iPhone X, a Hit or Miss?

Features

A Different Method: Peer Mentors at MVHS

• iPhone 8 and iPhone X, a Hit or Miss?

Features

#idoitforjholiemoussa

• Features

MVHS Paints a Portrait of a Graduate

• iPhone 8 and iPhone X, a Hit or Miss?

Features

Powerful powderpuffs

iPhone 8 and iPhone X, a Hit or Miss?