Journey to Graduation

We Have A Dream

About+Celeste
Back to Article
Back to Article

Journey to Graduation

About Celeste

About Celeste

About Celeste

About Celeste

Celeste Restuccio, Staff Writer

As a child, you had so many creative ideas on what you wanted to do when you got older. You wanted to be an astronaut, a singer, a dancer, an explorer, or anything you wanted to be. As you got older it changed about a million times. Once you hit high school you are a freshman and you really had to narrow things down and see what you like, what you are passionate about. Sophomore year rolls around and you think you have what you want to be set in stone. You know what field you wanted to work in but not really the title.  I wanted to be a Pediatric doctor, but then I started I ask myself, “Is this the job I want”? “Do I want to be more involved with people”? Junior year comes and you start to see people around you know what they want and they have everything almost planned out. You start to worry and you almost feel lost because you don’t want to get into a position you won’t enjoy for the rest of your life. You think long and hard at that end of your junior year and you think you found the perfect major. Senior year approaches fast. For every senior, you are making sure you get the best SAT score. You visit as many colleges as you can before you start applying. We had our first gathering as seniors to take our class picture. We all had those days where we thought, where is all this going? What is the purpose? What is my purpose? I believe our purpose is to give back to our community and make it better. I can tell you from experience that, the effect you have on others, is the most valuable currency there is. When you work towards something greater than yourself, you find meaning and purpose. When you keep people in the center of what you do, it can have an enormous impact. All life is interrelated. We are all bound together through a single garment of destiny. Under the sky, we are all but one family. It just so happened that people are different, but that is good because then we can help each other out in many ways. Deep inside of you lives a hero who wants to do something great with your life. The hero who wants to inspire people. The person who wants to do creative work. Who wants to change the world? You can do it. The fact that you’re alive today, is a mighty call on your life to do something for the rest of your life. When you’re convinced that your cause is right, have the courage to take a stand. Use your hand, minds, and hearts and build something bigger than yourself. How will you serve the world? What will your talent or profession do to provide? That’s all you have to figure out. You can survive to graduation, you will make it.