The disease all Senior’s experience

Josh Henry, Staff Writer

Feeling the urge to just quit, just wanting to sit back and chill, is a feeling that almost every senior feels once it starts getting close to getting out of prison, a.k.a high school.

School work, homework, and projects are the last thing seniors want to be doing when instead they could stay up all night and play Fortnite or go out with their friends and have a fun night out.

Once the teacher slides that sheet of paper saying “Do this sheet! And whatever you don’t finish is your homework!” you just look at her like WOW! You really gonna do this to me?

Senior Damien Burke said, “Senioritis hit me hard. I have an essay due for English, and Fortnite is calling my name. I can’t do this school stuff anymore.”

The only way to overcome senioritis is to push yourself, but pushing yourself to overcome senioritis, well, that may take effort you don’t have. Senioritis is like coming home from a BIG game, and just flopping on your bed. The only thing you want to do is SLEEP! That’s what senioritis is, but just imagine going home to: five pages of homework, three google classroom assignments, and a test in the morning. Thinking about all that makes some seniors just give up.

Another senior, Zion Manuel said, “ Guess what I do when I go home? Play Fortnite! Nothing more, nothing less. My school work is the last thing on my list of things I do when I go home, but don’t get me wrong, I still do them.”

Is it Fortnite giving these seniors senioritis? Or maybe it’s hanging out with friends almost every night? Or is senioritis really just being a senior? The seniors that feel senioritis all have that mindset of “Ugh, I just want to graduate, but without doing anything!” Some Juniors may also be close to feeling the effects of this disease that turns students into video addicts who no longer do their homework.

Going from junior year to senior year is a big step in life, and it is time to take everything seriously, but once that disease comes in to play, watch out; everything will just fall apart! The seniors mindset will just change from Okay I have to get A’s and B’s this quarter; I have to do all my work! to OMG! More work I will not be doing.

Senioritis tends to make people give up on school, but they won’t quit. The disease can also be a good thing by making the seniors push harder once they realize their grades are slipping. Senioritis works functionally, and can actually help failing seniors become successful.

The seniors feel this common ailment just like they feel the pain of a real physical injury. It’s always there and only time ( and graduation) will heal it.

1 Comment

One Response to “The disease all Senior’s experience”

1. Onlinepharmacy on May 6th, 2018 4:30 am

Thanks for your comments, Jeff.

• The disease all Senior’s experience

Features

Pyramid Art Show Catapults Artists to the Top

• The disease all Senior’s experience

Features

The Power of Instagram

• College Corner

Keep Calm and Stay In the Zone: The College Application Process

• The disease all Senior’s experience

Features

Arming Teachers: The Solution to Gun Violence?

• The disease all Senior’s experience

Features

Let’s take it back cause the 90’s are All That

• The disease all Senior’s experience

Features

A Different Method: Peer Mentors at MVHS

• The disease all Senior’s experience

Features

#idoitforjholiemoussa

• Features

MVHS Paints a Portrait of a Graduate

• The disease all Senior’s experience

Features

Powerful powderpuffs

• The disease all Senior’s experience

Features

Mount Vernon gets hype for Fright Night

The disease all Senior’s experience